Monday, January 23, 2012

Chicken Love

So here's another chicken recipe that I think you'll all enjoy. I called it Spiced Honey Mustard Chicken. It is a twist on the classic Honey Mustard Chicken. This recipe incorporates a couple of spices you might not think would go together, but they do and they do so quite well.  What are those two mystery spices? Curry Powder and Ground Coriander. Here is a photo of my last batch made.


This is one of those go to recipes when you want a flavorful chicken recipe. I've never tried to use the glaze when grilling outside. My guess is that it would be great. So once I get a chance to go out back and grill some chicken, I will give it a try. In the meantime, I'll keep using it in the oven. Here is the recipe:


I also usually pair it up with another family favorite, Elizabeth Randolph's Potato Casserole. She was my best friend's mom when I was a teenager and she made it quite a bit for our church's pot luck dinners (I love church pot lucks by the way...) It is sort of a baked potato in casserole form. When it comes out of the oven and you dig in with a serving spoon...I love to see the steam rise off of it. You can't see the steam in this pic though....  :-(


I actually love to add extra Green Onions. I've never made it with Bacon in it, but I bet it would be delicious too. It could then be called a Loaded Baked Potato Casserole. Oh...I guess I just gave you an idea to "create" your own recipe. If you try it, let me know....just make sure you give me credit! Here's the recipe:


So, if you're looking for something else to do with chicken give this a try. The chicken does take an hour to bake so it can't be a last minute throw it together meal.

Let me know if and when you try these recipes. Follow me on Facebook, subscribe to my blog, leave comments and tell your friends.

Until next time, I'll be in the kitchen (after I get some groceries first...)

No comments:

Post a Comment